With the help of rice, you can improve your health and lose weight at the same time. In a week you can lose from 3 to 5 kg! There are several varieties of the rice diet, the most popular of which are three‑, five- and seven-day diets.
Benefits of rice for weight loss
If you eat even a small amount of rice, you will feel full for a long time. At the same time, you replenish the body’s reserves with B vitamins, potassium and other valuable substances. Dishes from this cereal are easily digestible due to the low fiber content. As for the composition, 100 g of rice contains 0.6 g of fat, 77.3 g of carbohydrates, 7 g of protein. The energy value of 100 g of rice is 343 kcal.
Nutritionists say that losing weight on a rice diet occurs mainly due to the removal of excess fluid from the body. At the same time, together with water, rice removes toxins from the body.
3 day rice diet
The three-day diet is considered the toughest. Therefore, before you sit on it, it is better to consult a doctor. Boil a glass of peeled rice without spices and salt. Divide into several small portions, distributing throughout the day. You can drink orange or apple juice. If it is difficult to cope with the feeling of hunger during the rice diet, you can eat one or two apples. And so for three days. By the way, this mode is also ideal for a fasting day once a week.
If you eat only rice for a week without adding vegetables and fruits, you can lose 10 kg. But this is dangerous enough for health, so we do not recommend the mono version of this diet. In addition, rice causes constipation. That is why it is recommended to add some more products to the rice diet.
5 day rice diet
In the five-day diet, a second course is added to rice. It can be seafood or fish — baked or steamed. Moreover, it is undesirable to mix these products with each other, but adding greens to each of them is quite acceptable. You can drink green tea, fresh or dried fruit compote. Apples are also allowed. It is recommended to follow this diet for 5 days.
7 day rice diet
The seven-day diet is more attractive due to its variety. The daily menu should consist of 500 g of boiled rice with the addition of fish or lean meat, vegetables and fruits. Season rice and vegetables with olive oil and soy sauce.
It is important to observe only one rule: all rice supplements taken together should not exceed 200 g per day.
You can drink unsweetened juices, green tea without sugar, water without gas. Such a rice diet is quite balanced and sparing. At the same time, you can lose from 3 to 5 kg in a week. A second course can be carried out no earlier than two weeks later.
Cons and contraindications of the rice diet
The rice diet still has a number of disadvantages that you need to remember:
- Together with water, rice can remove useful potassium salts from the body.
- The rice diet is quite low in calories, and therefore, with a hard option, it is possible that you will still feel hungry.
- With prolonged use, rice can cause constipation.
- Pregnant and lactating, as well as people with chronic diseases, the rice diet is contraindicated.
Rice diet: reviews
Here’s what different netizens write when it comes to the rice diet:
- The diet is definitely cool and effective (for me). Rice is always at home, which is very convenient. Sitting was pretty easy for me. I recommend if you are 18+, you have no contraindications.
- The rice cleansing diet is very effective, BUT you definitely shouldn’t overdo it! This is not the best way to affect well-being.
- Subject to the conditions, about a kilogram of weight is taken per day, the intestines work perfectly. At the same time, you don’t want to eat, so there is no feeling that you are mocking yourself. I spend such “rice days” once a week, after the weekend, starting from the new year, I am satisfied with the effect.