The fight against diseases of the digestive system involves the combination of drug therapy with a certain diet. This diet is diet table number 4 — one of the most popular diets among all Pevzner’s diets, when it comes to diseases of the gastrointestinal tract in an acute stage, accompanied by diarrhea.
A certain diet in such cases helps to normalize the processes occurring in the digestive organs, restore their function.
Diet Features 4
Its use is recommended in such cases:
- Acute and chronic colitis;
- Acute gastroenterocolitis in the initial stages;
- intestinal tuberculosis;
- Typhoid fever;
Thanks to table number 4, it is possible to achieve the following goals:
- Decreased putrefactive, fermentation processes occurring in the intestines;
- Elimination of the inflammatory process in the digestive organs, restoration of their function;
- Providing nutrition that will allow the digestive tract to work in the minimum load mode;
- Saturation of the body with useful substances, but a decrease in the amount of carbohydrates and fats consumed;
- Providing a diet with food that does not provoke mechanical and thermal irritation of the digestive system.
Basic rules for applying diet 4
It is important to know about this diet:
- The maximum daily energy value of the menu is 2050 kcal;
- The daily diet should have a maximum of 70 g of fat, 100 g of protein, 250 g of carbohydrates;
- At least 1.5 liters of free fluid must be consumed per day;
- Food consumed should be warm, steamed or boiled. You need to take food grated or in the form of mashed potatoes;
- Diet 4 provides for eating 5–6 times / day in small portions;
- As part of the use of this nutrition system, bed rest plays an important role.
Table number 4: allowed products
Compose your daily diet with the following products:
- Rusks made from wheat bread. They don’t have to be very fried;
- Soups, broths, cooked on low-fat varieties of fish or meat. You can add to them mucous cereal decoctions, pureed lean meat;
- Freshly grated cottage cheese, preferably unleavened;
- Lean meat, including veal, beef without veins;
- Poultry meat — turkey, chicken — without skins;
- Eggs, boiled soft-boiled or in the form of a steamed omelette;
- Pureed cereals — buckwheat, oatmeal, rice;
- Vegetables. They can only be used for making broths;
- Butter can be added to ready-made dishes in small quantities;
- Raw apples (mashed). From pears, quince, dogwood, blueberries, you can cook jelly;
- Freshly squeezed juices can be prepared from fruits and berries. Do not drink juices from apricots, grapes;
- Decoctions prepared from quince, bird cherry, black currant, wild rose;
- Cocoa cooked with water, tea (preferably green), black coffee.
Diet 4: forbidden foods
Eliminate from the diet:
- Flour, bakery products;
- Soups with pasta, vegetables, cereals (except mucous);
- Milk broths, soups and broths prepared with fatty meat or fish;
- Sausages, meat, fatty fish;
- Salted, smoked, canned fish, caviar;
- Dairy products, including whole milk;
- Fried, raw, hard-boiled eggs;
- Barley, barley, millet porridge;
- Berries, fruits, dried fruits in raw form;
- Jam, jam, honey, any sweets;
- Cocoa, coffee with the addition of milk, cream.
Create your own menu
As an example, you can take such a diet, which you can make changes by choosing an alternative from the “white” list of products:
- For breakfast, prepare mashed oatmeal in the water, eat some freshly mashed cottage cheese, drink green tea;
- For lunch, drink a decoction made with dried blueberries;
- For lunch, eat a broth cooked on lean meat with the addition of semolina, steamed chicken meatballs with mashed rice porridge. Drink jelly;
- In the afternoon, drink warm rosehip broth without sugar;
- Dine on a steam omelet with mashed buckwheat porridge, drink tea;
- Before going to bed, drink a glass of jelly.
If you have used diet 4, write in the comments about its results.