If weather dependence is also your problem, you probably know the symptoms. How to help the body adapt to temperature fluctuations and unfavorable geomagnetic conditions? According to statistics, about 73% of the population are meteorologically dependent and react to sudden changes in the weather, and the fair sex most often suffers from them.
At the same time, there are about a third more people who are sensitive to the weather among urban residents than among rural residents. So the more you move away from nature, the greater the dependence of well-being on the weather outside!
Where does weather sensitivity come from?
Experts believe that the more health problems a person has in general, the more acutely and at an earlier age he begins to react to weather changes.
In healthy people, with fluctuations in atmospheric factors, metabolism changes: the body secretes the right amount of hormones, the blood composition and enzyme activity change slightly.
A certain protective reaction of the body to adverse conditions is formed. However, due to all sorts of ailments, the adaptive properties of the body can be disturbed.
In this case, no such restructuring occurs. As a result, the most common manifestations of the “meteo-disease” are loss of strength and weakness, headaches and dizziness. However, it is quite possible to reduce all these unpleasant symptoms.
How to help yourself with low atmospheric pressure
If the weather forecast promises “the approach of a cold atmospheric front”, then it seems that in the morning it will be difficult for you to wake up and get up, you will be irritable and anxious, and it will seem that there is simply no strength for any activity. During such periods, diseases of the kidneys and lungs can worsen, joints begin to ache.
● It even sounds a little cruel, but in the rain and wind you still need to overpower yourself and leave the house for a walk. Otherwise, you will not be able to accustom the body to adaptation. At least a half-hour walk every day should be your invariable rule. In the fresh air, the blood is more actively enriched with oxygen, the metabolism will accelerate.
● Take a contrast shower in the morning. Just start increasing the difference between the temperature of cold and hot water gradually, a little every day.
● Try not to overeat, eat less heavy food and more vegetable and dairy.
● If you have low blood pressure, drink orange juice and lemon tea more often.
● Peppermint essential oil will help relieve headaches. Put a couple of drops of oil on a cotton pad and gently wipe your temples and forehead.
● If your joints are aching for the weather, a warming ointment or a warm heating pad will help.
How to help yourself with high atmospheric pressure
The approach of a warm front also causes unpleasant symptoms for many: headache, problems with sleep and attention. First of all, it threatens those who suffer from angina pectoris, have had a heart attack or have problems with pressure.
● On such days, doctors recommend drinking some mineral water — brackish or with lemon juice, freshly squeezed juice from vegetables or fruits before meals. It is useful to include dishes from fish, lentils, beets, as well as seaweed or baked apples in the diet.
● Replace regular tea with herbal tea (linden, St. John’s wort, chamomile, coltsfoot, Ivan tea, mint). Drink it 15 minutes after lunch and dinner.
● Before going to bed, take a relaxing bath with peppermint or lavender essential oils.
● If you have high blood pressure, drink ginger tea or fennel ginger juice. It helps lower blood cholesterol levels and promotes blood thinning.
How to help yourself with magnetic storms
Many people have to “feel for themselves” this period, but first of all, people with cardiovascular diseases. This is due to the fact that when the Earth’s magnetic field fluctuates, the blood runs more slowly, the level of adrenaline and cholesterol increases. Hence increased irritability, fatigue, fatigue.
● At this time, try not to appoint important things, it is better not to drive a car and do not do work related to attention.
● Eliminate alcoholic and tonic drinks. In the evening, you can take valerian drops, peony tincture or lemon balm tea: sedatives will help to cope with nervousness and insomnia.
● Those who suffer from cardiovascular diseases should definitely keep their usual medicines at hand.
Expert advice. If you suffer from changes in atmospheric pressure, temper yourself! So you will significantly increase the adaptive abilities of your body. In addition, it has been noticed that unfavorable days are more easily tolerated in nature. Therefore, instead of lying on the couch, go for a walk in the forest, in the park or to the reservoir. You will feel much better!
Alla Kramerova, therapist, homeopath
How to help the body cope with temperature changes
Do you react to weather changes? There are ways to improve your well-being